Yoga & Essential Oils
When it comes to yoga and essential oils, Adabelle Carson, a doTERRA Diamond, has a lot of experience. She says, “I became a certified yoga instructor about nine years ago when I was having my kids. Four of them had come pretty quickly, and I was just in a funk. So my husband said to take some time for myself and go to the gym. One of the first classes I did was a yoga class. At that class something clicked for me, and I was able to release a lot of emotions. I remember I cried; I didn’t know why then, but it left me feeling amazing.” Wanting to learn more about yoga, Adabelle took a 200-hour certification course which required doing 20 hours of teaching for free as a community service. So, she talked to people in her area and started a class at her church.
- Location: Top of head
- Benefits: Bliss, transcendence
2.THIRD EYE CHAKRA
- doTERRA Serenity®
- Location: Brow
- Benefits: Perception, intuition
- Location: Throat
- Benefits: Communication, expression
- doTERRA Breathe®
- Location: Center of heart
- Benefits: Acceptance, compassion
- Location: Solar Plexus
- Benefits: Self-confidence, willpower
- Citrus Bliss®
- Location: Lower abdomen
- Benefits: Creativity, healthy relationships
- doTERRA Balance®
- Location: Coccyx, legs, feet
- Benefits: Stability, ground emotions
Essential Oil Routine Example: Mood Balancing
- Begin with doTERRA Breathe. To connect yourself more deeply to your breathing, place a drop or two in your palms and bring them in a tent to your face. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Use Peppermint to get going. Place a few drops at the top of the mat and create a circle. Peppermint works a lot like a mantra; it helps you to focus and has calming properties. It also is a great reminder to breathe.
- Use doTERRA Balance right before corpse pose. Place the oil on your feet to help you relax into the pose.
DIY: Lavender Eye Pillow
- ½ cup dried lavender flowers
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 5-7 drops Lavender essential oil
- 28” x 4” pieces of fabric
Sew the fabric together and leave one short side open for filling, then fill the center with lavender flowers and flax seed. Place the Lavender essential oil on the inside of the pillow as well. To finish, close the open side with a sewing machine or by hand stitching.
- ¼ cup or 20 grams fresh henna powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons essential oil of your choosing