Essential Oil Spotlight: Lemon
The invigorating scent of Lemon essential oil from a true Sicilian lemon revitalizes your mind and lifts your mood. Lemon essential oil contains numerous health benefits and can be used for a variety of purposes on a daily basis, which is why it is one of doTERRA’s most popular essential oils.
The high limonene content found in this essential oil makes it a powerful antioxidant and a cleansing agent. In the ancient world, Egyptians used lemon oil to cleanse their bodies of toxins. It also aids in digestion, supports healthy respiratory function, and provides immune system support, especially during seasonal changes.*
How to Use:
- Add 2–4 drops to the diffuser of your choice to help boost your mood and improve the scent of the room.
- Rub 1–2 drops into your palms and inhale to invigorate your mind and body.
- Pour a couple drops into air vents to fill your house or car with a citrusy aroma.
- Add 1–2 drops to baked goods, beverages, or your favorite entrée to create a zesty flavor.
- Mix a couple drops with raw honey for immune-boosting benefits.*
- Add a couple drops to warm water with honey to help soothe irritated throat and boost your immune system.*
- Place a drop on your toothbrush or tongue for fresher breath and a cleaner mouth.
- Rub a drop on your hands after being in a public place such as a public bathroom or before pushing shopping carts.
- Apply to cleanse specific area on the skin.
- Massage 2–4 drops onto your skin to improve circulation
- Rub 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease, sap, or crayon.
- Combine with water in a spray bottle to clean surfaces.
- Use to clean silverware and baking dishes.
Plant Part: LEMON RINDS
Distillation Method: COLD PRESSED Unlike most other essential oils, citrus essential oils go through the expression distillation process, often referred to as “cold press.” This method uses high mechanical pressure instead of heat to squeeze out the oil from the rind of the plant.
Sourcing Origin: SICILY, ITALY
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.