Essential Oils for Beginners
New to essential
oils? Here is a
to help you get
started in your
START WITH THE BASICS
Properties: Cleansing, revitalizing, uplifting
- Add to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces.
- Use to remove gum, glue, or any other sticky residues.
- Add to your favorite desserts or beverages for zesty flavor.
- Take internally to support heathy digestion.*
- Diffuse to purify air and create an uplifting, refreshing aromatic experience.
Properties: Soothing, calming
- Diffuse or add a few drops to your pillow or feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Add a few drops to a warm bath to help soak away stress.
- Consume 1–2 drops to help calm the nervous system.*
Properties: Cooling, energizing, natural bug repellent
- Take internally to help alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Apply a few drops to the back of your neck to cool off.
- For a clearing, refreshing aroma, diffuse at night by your bedside.
- Rub on head and neck for a soothing sensation when feeling tense.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating scalp massage.
Properties: Renewing, beautifying, rejuvenating, grounding
- Take internally to support healthy cellular and immune function.*
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Diffuse during meditation for a sense of relaxation and balance.
Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
Properties: Soothing, cleansing
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails to keep nails looking clean and healthy.
- Use as an effective surface cleaner. Add a few drops to shampoo or massage into the scalp.
- Add to toothpaste or swish with water for a quick and easy mouth rinse.
doTERRA Breathe® Respiratory Blend
- Apply topically to the chest to breathe deeply.
- For a clearing aroma, diffuse at night by your bedside.
- Apply diluted to your upper lip and inhale to invigorate and clear your senses.
- Apply topically for an invigorating lift when you stay home from the office on a cold, rainy day.
Deep Blue® Soothing Blend
- Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
- Make your muscles happy after your workout by applying to targeted areas.
- Massage on your lower back after a day of sitting at the desk or doing manual labor.
DigestZen® Digestive Blend
- Take a couple of drops internally to promote healthy digestion.*
- Add to water or tea and consume to help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
- Reduce bloating, gas, and indigestion.*
doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend
- Add two to three drops in a Veggie Capsule or take directly for an immune boost before traveling or during seasonal changes.*
- Diffuse in your home or office during fall and winter months.
- Add to water and use as a natural surface cleaner.
BASIC E. O. TERMINOLOGY
Natural aromatic compounds extracted from seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Essential oils contain natural and unique properties that can have powerful benefits on your health and overall wellness.
CPTG® (CPTG CERTIFIED PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE®)
doTERRA quality protocol in which each batch of oil undergoes a multi-phase chemical composition inspection.
A lipid-based substance used to dilute essential oils. doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil is an excellent carrier oil option because of its long shelf-life and light, non-greasy texture.
The process of extracting essential oil from plant material.
COLD PRESS DISTILLATION/EXPRESSION
Most commonly used method for obtaining citrus oils. This process uses a mechanical press to squeeze essential oils from plant parts.
The most common distillation method. This process uses low-heat pressurized steam to circulate through plant parts and extract oils.
METHODS OF USE
AROMATIC— Essential oils that can be used aromatically. Diffusion is one of the most popular ways to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils.
TOPICAL— Essential oils that can be used topically, which means you can apply them directly on the skin or mix them with carrier oils or other personal care products.
INTERNAL— Essential oils that can be used internally. You can add oils to beverages, take them in doTERRA Veggie Caps, take doTERRA essential oils supplements, or use them in your favorite recipes.
DILUTE— A category of essential oils that should be mixed with a carrier oil. The carrier oil will help “carry” the essential oils onto the skin.
NEAT— A category of essential oils that can be applied topically without dilution because of their extremely mild chemistry.
SENSITIVE— A category of essential oils that should be diluted for young or sensitive skin.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.