The flavor of Wild Orange oil delicately infuses this rich but light custard with the essence of fresh orange blossoms.
2 cups whipping cream (substitute half and half if desired)
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
½ cup sugar
1 cups non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
5 drops Wild Orange oil
¾ cup orange juice, divided
½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- Place ¼ cup of cream into small bowl, sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand to soften (about 10 minutes).
- While gelatin is softening, pour remaining cream and ½ cup sugar into a two-quart saucepan; place over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add yogurt, softened gelatin/cream mixture, and Wild Orange oil; whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Divide between eight martini or juice glasses and chill for several hours or overnight, until set.
- Once panna cotta is set, place ¼ cup of orange juice in small dish and sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the top.
- Set aside to soften for about five minutes.
- Heat remaining orange juice in a microwave safe dish until it begins to simmer, about 45–60 seconds.
- Scrape softened gelatin mixture into hot orange juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside to cool at room temperature; divide between each of the panna cotta glasses to create an even layer on top.
- Refrigerate until orange gelee is set.