This side dish adds a vibrant, tropical flavor to any meal. This is truly one of the best ways to make your sweet potatoes even sweeter.
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons ground allspice
8 drops Cinnamon Bark oil
5 drops Ginger oil
2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch thick slices
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F (400° F convection).
- Coat large baking dish or roasting pan with oil.
- In large bowl, stir butter, honey, lime juice, allspice, and Cinnamon and Ginger oils together until blended.
- Add sweet potato slices and toss to coat before placing on baking pan in a single layer.
Note: If a bowl large enough to mix everything together isn’t available, place the potatoes on the baking pan and pour the glaze over the potatoes, tossing on the pan to coat as evenly as possible.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer in prepared dish or pan.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes and then stir to coat with glaze.
- Continue baking another 10–15 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Transfer to bowl and garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.
Tip: The sweet potatoes can be prepared in advance and then reheated in the oven to heat through.