This is a good example of how easy it is to take a basic concept and turn it into something unique simply by changing the base ingredients. Rather than simply having white rice cooked in water or stock, try using aromatic jasmine rice and infused it with Ginger oil.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup jasmine rice
1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
2 cups carrot juice
5 drops Ginger oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325° F convection).
- Heat a one or two-quart saucepan over high heat until the heat can be felt radiating from the surface of the pan when your hand is held about six inches above the bottom of the pan.
- Add olive oil to the pan and tilt the pan to coat evenly.
- Add rice and salt; stir frequently to keep from burning. When rice starts to turn opaque, remove pan from heat and gradually add carrot juice.
- Add Ginger oil and place lid on the pan (or cover tightly with foil if a lid isn’t available) and place in the preheated oven; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff rice with a fork.
- Stir in the chopped fresh mint and serve hot.