section 43 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993), and agrees that the terms and guarantees under that Act do not apply to such products.
A. Returns on Products Within 30 Days.
- dōTERRA will refund one hundred percent (100%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) of Currently Marketable products that are returned by a WA within thirty (30) days of purchase from the Company, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses.
- dōTERRA will provide a Product Credit of one hundred percent (100%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) or a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) on products not Currently Marketable that are returned by a WA within (30) days of purchase, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses.
B. Returns Thirty-one (31) days to Ninety (90) days After Purchase. From thirty-one (31) days and up to ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, dōTERRA will provide a Product Credit of one hundred percent (100%) or a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) on Currently Marketable products that are returned by a WA, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses.
C. Returns From 91 days to One year After Purchase. After 91 days and up to twelve (12) months from the date of purchase, dōTERRA will provide a Product Credit of ninety (90%) or a refund of (90%) of the purchase price (plus applicable tax if prepaid) on Currently Marketable products that are returned by a WA, less shipping costs and paid Bonuses (excludes limited time offers and expired items).
D. Currently Marketable. Products and Sales Aids shall be deemed “Currently Marketable” if each of the following elements is satisfied: 1) they are unopened and unused; 2) packaging and labeling have not been altered or damaged; 3) the product and packaging are in a condition such that it is a commercially reasonable practice within the trade to sell the merchandise at full price; 4) the product expiration date has not elapsed; and 5) the product contains current dōTERRA labeling. Products shall not be considered Currently Marketable if the Company discloses prior to purchase that the products are seasonal, discontinued, limited time offers, or special promotion products not subject to the Return Policy.
E. Return of Damaged or Incorrectly Sent Products. dōTERRA will exchange products if the returned products were received by the purchaser in damaged condition or were incorrectly sent. Such products must be returned promptly. Whenever possible, returned products will be replaced with undamaged products. However when an exchange is not feasible, the Company reserves the right to issue a credit for the amount of exchanged products.
F. Duty to Retain Sales Order Number. In order for the Company to correctly recoup the applicable Bonuses on returned products, the original sales order number from the invoice must be retained. This number must be provided to the Company at the time the request for a refund is made.
G. Kit Returns. Products purchased as part of a kit or package must be returned as the entire kit.
H. Refund Alternatives. The Company in its discretion and to the extent permitted by law may determine the acceptable refund alternatives for product returns, including but not limited to the following: dōTERRA Company Credit, Product Credit, bank cheque, bank 5 | Page dōTERRA New Zealand POLICY MANUAL 2017 transfer, or credit card charge back, and as outlined herein. The actual form of refund will be based upon payment procedures in the Local Market and the original form of payment. Refunds will only be paid to the original payor.
I. Return Procedure. To obtain a refund for returned products or Sales Aids, a WA must comply with these procedures:
- Approval for the return must be received prior to the return of the shipment to the Company. This approval must be obtained, either by telephone or in writing, and the actual return shipment must be accompanied by the WA number.
- The Company will provide the WA with the correct procedures and location for returning the products or Sales Aids. All return shipping costs must be paid for by the WA.
- Products or Sales Aids returned to the Company without prior authorization will not qualify for a product credit or refund and will be returned to the WA at the WA's expense.
- The Company may charge a $10 NZD fee for shipments that are refused at the point of delivery and returned to the Company.
J. Company’s Right to Recoup Unearned Bonuses. Bonuses are paid to WAs based on the purchase of Company products by customers or by members of their Downline Organisation. When products are returned, the Company has the right to recoup the Bonuses that were paid based on the purchase of the products that were returned. The Company may recoup these Bonuses by requiring a WA to pay the Company directly, or the Company may set off the amount of the Bonus from future Bonus payments or other amounts owed to the Company.
K. Return of Personalized Sales Aids. Personalized Sales Aids are not returnable or refundable, except for personalized Sales Aids with printing errors. Such sales aids should be returned promptly and in conformance with the Product Return Policy.
L. Credit Card Charge Backs. WAs are required to return products under the Company’s product exchange and return policies rather than doing a credit card chargeback.